Author Topic: 1973 bronze Exhibition of Archaeological Finds of the PRC - what is this worth ?  (Read 1358 times)

Offline sissi

• Rookie
  • Active CC user
hello thank you for accepting me in this forum , i want to know what is this coin worth ? it weighs 40 gr and diameter 51 mm, thank you

Offline Jens

If i had to guess i'd say somewhere around 250-300 USD
"You have to choose (as a voter) between trusting to the natural stability of gold and the natural stability of the honesty and intelligence of the members of the Government.
And, with due respect for these gentlemen, I advise you, as long as the Capitalist system lasts, to vote for gold."   - George Bernard Shaw -

Offline sissi

• Rookie
  • Active CC user
hi , thank you for your response , I  note it ;)

Offline badon

Is it silver or bronze? The silver one is more valuable than the bronze version, but both are hard to find in high grades.

Offline sissi

• Rookie
  • Active CC user
oh sorry I don't know how can we know which metal is it ? brass ? silver ? bronze ? :P

Offline badon

If it's silver, it will be a gray color. If it's bronze, it will be a yellow or brown color. The photo has yellow-brown tint to it, so I can't tell if it's silver or not. Either way, protect it from handling, because high grades are worth more than low grades.

Offline sissi

• Rookie
  • Active CC user
It is not gray but yellow or brown color , so I don't think it 's  silver . Thank you for your answer .

Offline badon

The following users thanked this post: sissi

Offline sissi

• Rookie
  • Active CC user
By reading what you sent me it 's not a silver coin because the edge does not  contain the text "TK&S"

Offline sissi

• Rookie
  • Active CC user
By reading what you sent me it 's not a silver coin because the edge does not  contain the text "TK&S"

Hi yes that 's what i understood from the members of this forum ,thank you very much