Author Topic: MMCCC #2 - 2016 Classical Gardens Humble Administrator's Garden Antique  (Read 672 times)

Offline Y7ASyxC

Presented without commentary
« Last Edit: 2016 Nov 04, 07:14:50 PM by Y7ASyxC »
  • never argue with idiots

Offline StackOfPandas

Can you move the camera closer to get more of the coin on the sensor? That's a lot of wasted pixels showing all the specks of dust on your table. The details get a lot bigger after I click the pic. So stackable. What is the pattern on the top that looks like upside down bells and a button on the left?

Offline Y7ASyxC

Can you move the camera closer to get more of the coin on the sensor? That's a lot of wasted pixels showing all the specks of dust on your table. The details get a lot bigger after I click the pic. So stackable. What is the pattern on the top that looks like upside down bells and a button on the left?

Yes, i should do that. The height of the camera in this picture is right for slabbed coins, but not OMP.

I haven't started Photographing my non-mcc coins yet, but i might take better pics of these OMP coins when i do..

Offline Y7ASyxC

I have no idea about the pattern on the top. The coin actually comes with a small booklet with drawing artwork talking about the history of the classical garden series, but i haven't taken the time to look at it more closely yet. That booklet might provide a clue as to what the 'button'  and 'bells' are :p

The following users thanked this post: StackOfPandas

Offline StackOfPandas

Post when you know what it is. I will check back.

Offline Y7ASyxC

The booklet is in Chinese, except for the English prologue. The drawing artwork does not shed much light, but i will type out the English prologue, let's see if we can deduce something from that. The booklet is poorly glued together, because the first letters to to the left column of the prologue is covered by the glued on cover page, so i must guess the first letters:

"This is to certify that the Humble Administrator's Garden (Shuozhengyuan) non-fiat coin sets from the Chinese Classical Garden Series are minted by Shanghai Mint Co., Ltd. The non-fiat coins measure 40mm in diameter, the obverse featuring the landscape south of Yangtze River viewed from the Humble Administrator's Garden, while the reverse features outlines of window lattices, plants and buildings in the garden. The non-fiat coin sets have a limited mintage of 10 gold non-fiat coins weighing 100g XXXe gold, 1,000 silver non-fiat coins and 399 antique finish silver non-fiat coins (both weighing 62.208g silver), 500 brass non-fiat coins (proof) and 188 brass non-fiat coins (stained). Each non-fiat coin comes with a numbered Certificate of Authenticity and meets the fineness and weight.

Designers: Quan Jianfeng, Zhu Xihua
Engraver: Lin Feng"

- I don't know if it's '100g fine gold' or '100g pure gold'
- I don't know if it's 'Shuozhengyuan'

Anyways, not much clues here, other than "the reverse features outlines of window lattices" which could refer to the buttons and bells.

Edit by badon: medal = non-fiat coin.
« Last Edit: 2016 Nov 26, 05:37:30 PM by badon »

The following users thanked this post: StackOfPandas

Offline Y7ASyxC

Offline Y7ASyxC

Offline StackOfPandas

It looks like a collage of those pics. Thanks for the help with that. Above and beyond the call of duty.