Author Topic: MMNCC - My Modern Numismatic Coin Collection - Introduction  (Read 645 times)

Offline Y7ASyxC

I will start posting a separate thread for every Modern Numismatic Coin i have, with images linked from the Blog Article Photos subforum. This way the images can be referenced and linked to by anyone, the coins can be discussed, and i can link to each thread from the buy/sell subforum too.

Each Modern Numismatic Coin related thread will start with MMNCC#1, MMNCC#2 etc etc, followed by the coin. That way it's easier to reference to the thread by just mentioning MMNCC#1 for example.
« Last Edit: 2016 Nov 04, 07:16:08 PM by Y7ASyxC »
  • never argue with idiots

Offline StackOfPandas

Re: MMNCC - My Modern Numismatic Coin Collection - Introduction
« Reply #1 on: 2016 Nov 07, 03:40:25 PM »
What is the difference between MMMCC and MMNCC?

Offline Y7ASyxC

« Reply #2 on: 2016 Nov 07, 03:51:14 PM »
What is the difference between MMMCC and MMNCC?

hi, thanks for your commentary.. I don't now if it's a very good naming scheme,

MMCCC = My Modern Chinese Coin Collection
MMNCC = My Modern Numismatic Coin Collection

It's pretty confusing, i might change it..

Offline Y7ASyxC

« Reply #3 on: 2016 Nov 07, 04:00:47 PM »
MMNCC meaning my NON-MCC coin collection

Offline StackOfPandas

« Reply #4 on: 2016 Nov 07, 04:24:50 PM »
I'm just here for the pictures. Any way you want to spell it is fine by me. Thanks for that.

Offline Y7ASyxC

« Reply #5 on: 2016 Dec 27, 04:30:45 PM »
I have borrowed an old cheap USB-type flatbed scanner from a friend. We previously tried scanning a 2012 Philharmonic silver coin at the highest possible resolution, which resulted in a 2.1 GB file size lol.

Anyways, my intention is now to start scanning my coins with this scanner, in order to have very high resolution images. The images are not as 'pretty' as normal photo's taken in natural daylight, but on the other hand, with a cheap flatbed scanner it's possible to take such high resolution images of coins that you can actually identify individual coins because even the tiniest of tiny irregularity on the coin surface is easily visible. Just like a unique fingerprint.

I have to see how best to organize the images, maybe a separate thread for scanned coins. There is also the question of resolution, 2 GB files per coin is pretty radical, but we shall see.