Author Topic: ebay CAPTCHA's prevent bids on auctions that sold for less than they should have  (Read 753 times)

Offline badon

ebay is aggressively using CAPTCHA's to block people from accessing ebay. This is preventing bids from being placed on cheap auctions. I have seen several cheap auctions that sold for a lot less than they should have, and I have won some of those myself. People who are manually placing bids sooner, with more time before the auction ends, have advantages over people who are placing bids later. Important info to know! I have been suddenly scoring a lot of knock-out good deals in cheap auctions on ebay lately, even when I low-ball bid, and I think the new CAPTCHA's ebay are the reason why.

In my testing, I have discovered several flaws in ebay's implementations of the CAPTCHA's, such that people never even see the CAPTCHA challenges, so they can't enter the random numbers and letters required to pass it and place their bids. I'm also hearing about this problem for ebay sellers too, when their listings freeze before they get listed, or some similar complaints, which are very likely to be hidden CAPTCHA's that ebay isn't properly displaying to the users.

My wallet is getting crispy around edges again, but I think it's just going to have to go supersonic again while I grab some of these ebay deals!

Offline badon

Offline badon

I haven't been able to get a screenshot of the ebay CAPTCHA's until today. I think on Sunday in the USA ebay may have made them a lot less aggressive because Sunday is the biggest sales day of the week. This is one of the ebay CAPTCHA's that are preventing people from placing late bids in the final moments of an auction.