Author Topic: CCF only: 2016 2 oz silver Humble Administrator's Zhou Zheng Yuan garden pre-orders  (Read 2341 times)

Offline badon

dragonzeng168 (new, ending, sold) has told me he will be listing the 2016 2 oz silver classical gardens Zhou Zheng Yuan on ebay in about 2 hours for pre-orders. Only CCF members are receiving advance notice about this. He said the matte antiqued version will be available also. Check his new listings often to see them before anyone else does.

The last time we were invited to pre-order something with advance notice was for the Nanjing 2016 65 g silver panda matte antiqued, and those were completely sold out in pre-orders in about 3 hours. No one else was aware they were even available. That fast sell-out for the Nanjing pandas surprised everyone, so I don't expect pre-order events to always be quite that exciting, but having advance notice was the only reason reason I was able to get one. I wasn't in any hurry, and I honestly thought I would be able to buy some extras later. Without that advance notice, I would have been completely empty-handed!

See also:

2016 classical gardens Zhou Zheng Yuan due for release in October

« Last Edit: 2016 Sep 28, 07:00:39 PM by badon »

Offline badon

2 oz silver version pre-sale ebay listing is live, here: 162221163629. The listing says the actual mintage is 729.

2 oz silver matte antiqued version pre-sale ebay listing is live, here: 162221168734. The listing says the actual mintage is 393.

Original authorized mintage info is quoted below:

2016 classical gardens Zhou Zheng Yuan due for release in October:
The new 2016 classical gardens Humble Administrator's Garden Zhou Zheng Yuan are due for release in October, only a few weeks away at most! There are 5 new types, and I'm pleased to see one of them will have a mintage of 1000.

* 2016 2 oz silver Humble Administrator's Garden Zhou Zheng Yuan, mintage 1000.
* 2016 2 oz silver Humble Administrator's Garden Zhou Zheng Yuan matte antiqued, mintage 399.
* 2016 brass Humble Administrator's Garden Zhou Zheng Yuan, mintage 500.
* 2016 brass Humble Administrator's Garden Zhou Zheng Yuan matte antiqued, mintage 188.
* 2016 100 g gold Humble Administrator's Garden Zhou Zheng Yuan, mintage 10.

[...]

Offline trouble

2 oz silver version pre-sale ebay listing is live, here: 162221163629. The listing says the actual mintage is 729.

2 oz silver matte antiqued version pre-sale ebay listing is live, here: 162221168734. The listing says the actual mintage is 393.

Original authorized mintage info is quoted below:

2016 classical gardens Zhou Zheng Yuan due for release in October:
The new 2016 classical gardens Humble Administrator's Garden Zhou Zheng Yuan are due for release in October, only a few weeks away at most! There are 5 new types, and I'm pleased to see one of them will have a mintage of 1000.

* 2016 2 oz silver Humble Administrator's Garden Zhou Zheng Yuan, mintage 1000.
* 2016 2 oz silver Humble Administrator's Garden Zhou Zheng Yuan matte antiqued, mintage 399.
* 2016 brass Humble Administrator's Garden Zhou Zheng Yuan, mintage 500.
* 2016 brass Humble Administrator's Garden Zhou Zheng Yuan matte antiqued, mintage 188.
* 2016 100 g gold Humble Administrator's Garden Zhou Zheng Yuan, mintage 10.

[...]

This is really a reasonable price after minus the ebay fee and so on.

Dragon should offer member here with lower price so no ebay fee is necessary for both parties

Offline badon

I forgot to mention that dragonzeng168 (new, ending, sold) will give a small discount to all CCF members for any purchase from him, if you tell him you're a member.

Offline Y7ASyxC

I forgot to mention that dragonzeng168 (new, ending, sold) will give a small discount to all CCF members for any purchase from him, if you tell him you're a member.

Damn, i forgot about that lol.. oh well.. That's what you get for not reading CCF carefully before buying stuff.

I decided i must  consolidate my anger for losing the auction on the NGC PF68 antique 2016 lunar monkey (sold for $355) by snapping up the last one of the 2016 Classical Garden Antique presale. I also got one of the silver standard version.

It was quite the drama, because it was the last one left, but as i tried to buy, paypal froze my account. I had submitted the data needed for AML/KYC verification a long time ago in September, but nothing happened. I had to call them and got one of the guy there to move me up the queue. Then i somehow managed to press the buy button in a different way, giving me the 'commit to buy' button.

I believe commit to buy has some 48 hour timeout, paypal gave me 'in 24 to 72 hours timeframe'

So it was quite stressful, but this morning my account was again open, and i was able to pay just in time lol.

A big thanks to badon, dragonzeng168, and anyone else that made this presale possible. It's a bummer i forgot to mention about the CCF discount though..

It will be interesting to compare the humble gardens to other recent non-fiat's in terms of quality. Altough i don't have any 2016 in silver, i do have the 2014 by Nanjing, and a 2015 Antique and 2016 silver by Shenyang to compare with. Badon mentions it's by 'China mint.. i'm confused, which one is that?

regards, mike

Edit by badon: Fixed quote.
« Last Edit: 2016 Oct 22, 02:04:40 AM by badon »
  • never argue with idiots

Offline Y7ASyxC

Atleast i am now a member of the CCF elite special sold out pre-order club :)

Also, as it will be in OMP, the plastic pouch will sadly make comparing quality difficult. I must admit, i'm not a great fan of chinese mints soft plastic pouches, Especially since i don't want to cut it open, incase i decide to sell in the future.

Offline Y7ASyxC

Altough i don't have any 2016 in silver

I mean i don't have any 2016 Nanjing in silver.

Offline badon

Damn, i forgot about that lol.. oh well.. That's what you get for not reading CCF carefully before buying stuff.

I decided i must  consolidate my anger for losing the auction on the NGC PF68 antique 2016 lunar monkey (sold for $355) by snapping up the last one of the 2016 Classical Garden Antique presale. I also got one of the silver standard version.

It was quite the drama, because it was the last one left, but as i tried to buy, paypal froze my account. I had submitted the data needed for AML/KYC verification a long time ago in September, but nothing happened. I had to call them and got one of the guy there to move me up the queue. Then i somehow managed to press the buy button in a different way, giving me the 'commit to buy' button.

I believe commit to buy has some 48 hour timeout, paypal gave me 'in 24 to 72 hours timeframe'

So it was quite stressful, but this morning my account was again open, and i was able to pay just in time lol.

A big thanks to badon, dragonzeng168, and anyone else that made this presale possible. It's a bummer i forgot to mention about the CCF discount though..

It will be interesting to compare the humble gardens to other recent non-fiat's in terms of quality. Altough i don't have any 2016 in silver, i do have the 2014 by Nanjing, and a 2015 Antique and 2016 silver by Shenyang to compare with. Badon mentions it's by 'China mint.. i'm confused, which one is that?

regards, mike

I'm glad you got one! Whenever that happens to me it's always right when I get something in my eye, or a phone call or knock on the door to distract me, haha. Did you ask dragonzeng168 about the CCF discount? He might still give it to you, especially if he knows you're a repeat customer from this forum.

I'm not sure which "China mint" mention by me you're talking about. Can you quote it, so I can answer your question? Usually when I say "China mint", I mean any official mint of the People's Republic of China (PRC).

Offline badon

Also, as it will be in OMP, the plastic pouch will sadly make comparing quality difficult. I must admit, i'm not a great fan of chinese mints soft plastic pouches, Especially since i don't want to cut it open, incase i decide to sell in the future.

I usually put my original mint packaging (OMP) coins in a plastic bag to prevent scratches, fingerprints, and dirt, so it's easier to see the coin in the far future. Do you do that to protect the OMP plastic from scratches etc?

Offline Y7ASyxC

I usually put my original mint packaging (OMP) coins in a plastic bag to prevent scratches, fingerprints, and dirt, so it's easier to see the coin in the far future. Do you do that to protect the OMP plastic from scratches etc?

Yes, i pack all my coins in individual zip lock bags, also the boxes and the CoA's

Offline Y7ASyxC

regards, mike

I'm glad you got one! Whenever that happens to me it's always right when I get something in my eye, or a phone call or knock on the door to distract me, haha. Did you ask dragonzeng168 about the CCF discount? He might still give it to you, especially if he knows you're a repeat customer from this forum.

I'm not sure which "China mint" mention by me you're talking about. Can you quote it, so I can answer your question? Usually when I say "China mint", I mean any official mint of the People's Republic of China (PRC).

From this thread: https://forum.coincompendium.com/index.php?topic=5347.0

In the past, the China mint would do whatever it had to do to sell the entire authorized mintages, including sitting on hoards of unsold coins for years or decades. That was such a bad coin market business practice that no one wanted to be the first to buy newly issued coins. All through the 1980's and 1990's, buyers would prefer to wait for the hoards to get melted a decade later, before they would be interested in buying something.

It's not important because when i receive my classical gardens i will know from which mint they are, but as of yet i have no clue.

Offline badon

Yes, in that quote I was referring to all of China's coinage from all mints. They would persist in trying to sell coins nobody wanted, which kept the secondary market down, and crushed enthusiasm in the primary market. There are 4 official government mints of the People's Republic of China (PRC), at Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, and Nanjing (SSSN). The classical gardens come from Shanghai, the main mint. According to the Pricepedia, the Shenyang mint is the oldest of the 4 mints.

Edit by badon: Fixed link.
« Last Edit: 2016 Oct 27, 09:08:31 PM by badon »

Offline badon

I changed the topic title. It was:

CCF only: 2016 2 oz silver classical gardens Zhou Zheng Yuan pre-orders

Offline badon

I got an update from the Shanghai Mint about the rare brass version, translated by dragonzeng168 (new, ending, sold). Shanghai is having difficulty minting these coins because the relief is so high, multiple high pressure strikes are required, and the dies are cracking and falling apart. See photos of one of the rejected coins, attached to this post.

The following users thanked this post: Y7ASyxC

Offline badon

The die cracking problems must have been solved, because the brass version has been shipped from the mint. Photos of the shipment from the mint, below.

Offline badon

More photos...

Offline badon

More photos...

Offline badon

More photos...

Offline badon

More photos...

Offline badon

More photos...

Offline badon

More photos...

Offline badon

More photos...

Offline badon

dragonzeng168 (new, ending, sold) just asked me to announce CCF members have the first opportunity to get a few brass coins in a pre-order:  2016 Humble Administrator's Garden Brass Zhuo Zheng Yuan,pre-order,mintage:500. Mintage 500. There are only 2 available in the listing, but he told me he has already privately sold 4 in pre-orders to CCF members, and he will probably sell another 5 to 10 specimens before he receives his shipment and he can start fulfilling normal orders, some time in the next week. Be sure to mention you are a CCF member, and he will give you a small discount on your orders, for anything you buy from him. Remind him again if you have already told him in the past, and he will give you the small discount again.
« Last Edit: 2016 Oct 27, 09:17:51 PM by badon »

Offline badon

Offline badon