Author Topic: List of organized CC Varieties  (Read 16696 times)

Offline Jeru

List of organized CC Varieties
« on: 2013 May 16, 04:20:03 PM »

I have been "organizing" CC types that has varieties.  I fill in the introduction of the parent type with what varieties it has, attached screenshots with annotations to illustrate the variations more, and then to make this information accessible, I have extended them to the variety types themselves.  And then I will make a reply here about it.

If you have an account in CC and you want to edit the introduction of every CC types I have organized because you have an additional information or you think it's lacking with information, you can do so and then make a reply here to inform everyone of the help you have added.  Or you can just make a post of your thoughts and added information then I will do the rest and then give you credits.
"...but the greatest of these is love." -1 Corinthians 13:13

Offline Jeru

Re: List of organized CC Varieties
« Reply #1 on: 2013 May 16, 04:28:42 PM »
CCT179: 1996 1 oz gold panda
CCT900: 1996 1 oz gold panda large date
CCT901: 1996 1 oz gold panda small date

I thought I should attach a screenshot of the introduction to give you a quick view of what's in it.

Offline Jeru

« Reply #2 on: 2013 May 16, 04:37:16 PM »

Offline Jeru

Offline Jeru

Offline Jeru

Offline Jeru

Offline Jeru

« Reply #9 on: 2013 May 16, 05:45:11 PM »

Offline Jeru

Offline Jeru

Offline Jeru

Offline Jeru

« Reply #14 on: 2013 May 16, 06:52:46 PM »

Offline badon

« Reply #15 on: 2013 May 16, 09:47:55 PM »
This is a list of varieties you have researched, that you post about when you're done preparing information for them? That is good to keep informed of all these varieties!

Is it necessary to make screenshots of everything that we will see just by clicking the link? I think it might be wasted effort to add screenshots, and it takes up server space forever even after those pages change.

Offline Jeru

« Reply #16 on: 2013 May 18, 05:09:34 AM »
Is it necessary to make screenshots of everything that we will see just by clicking the link? I think it might be wasted effort to add screenshots, and it takes up server space forever even after those pages change.

Oh, it's because I thought, since CC is still close for public viewing, I can share a little of how it looks like to some forum members that doesn't have a CC account yet.

Offline badon

« Reply #17 on: 2013 May 20, 01:36:20 AM »
That is an excellent idea. Right now, the forum is closed for public viewing also. It would be straightforward to open it up temporarily. Maybe we can set up a blogging arrangement in this forum like we already do at the LBC forum. What do you think? For now, I'll just open up the forum so people can view your posts without needing an account here. Let's see what happens...

Offline Jeru

« Reply #18 on: 2013 May 20, 01:56:23 AM »
I honestly don't know the blogging arrangement set up of LBC, although I've already thought of putting up a blog where I can attach my screenshots too! - just a plain idea... with no how, where, and when...

Offline Jeru

« Reply #19 on: 2013 May 21, 03:11:59 AM »

Offline Jeru

« Reply #20 on: 2013 May 21, 03:22:32 AM »

Offline Jeru

Offline Jeru

« Reply #22 on: 2013 May 21, 10:34:43 PM »
CCT330: 2000 1 oz silver panda frosted
CCT927: 2000 1 oz silver panda frosted normal belly
CCT3788: 2000 1 oz silver panda frosted long belly

The information in CCT3788 were added by SANDAC.  I just rearranged it a little bit and used labeled section transclusion to make portions of the information also available to CCT330 and CCT3788.

Offline badon

« Reply #23 on: 2013 May 23, 12:24:28 PM »
CCT330: 2000 1 oz silver panda frosted
CCT927: 2000 1 oz silver panda frosted normal belly
CCT3788: 2000 1 oz silver panda frosted long belly

The information in CCT3788 were added by SANDAC.  I just rearranged it a little bit and used labeled section transclusion to make portions of the information also available to CCT330 and CCT3788.

LST should probably be used in the sub-types, with the actual text being stored in the parent type. Following that convention will make it easier for people to figure out where to edit the text, if it's always in the same place (the parent type).

That is an excellent idea. Right now, the forum is closed for public viewing also. It would be straightforward to open it up temporarily. Maybe we can set up a blogging arrangement in this forum like we already do at the LBC forum. What do you think? For now, I'll just open up the forum so people can view your posts without needing an account here. Let's see what happens...

I honestly don't know the blogging arrangement set up of LBC, although I've already thought of putting up a blog where I can attach my screenshots too! - just a plain idea... with no how, where, and when...

You can see it here:

https://www.livebusinesschat.com/smf/index.php?board=349.0

If you want, I can create a forum here just for you, and you can write up some of the more interesting things you've been working on lately. With your own forum for blogging, people can get notifications when you post something. It will greatly help people filter through all the noise and just view the things happening around here that are important enough for you to put the effort into posting about it.

If you do it, it would have to be more than just a list of things, like in this topic. Also, you would need to make a new post for each new bit of info, so people can use the forum to post comments. Forums are the ideal blogging platform, which is why we don't use things like Blogger and WordPress. The forums make posting and replying very easy.

I have started posting a few things about site updates here, and I think that would be better to put into a blog forum for myself. So, that would be you and me doing that, if you wanted to try it. The really good thing is that the CC forum can be used as a source reference for the CC, and it can contain discussions and other info that might not be suitable for the CC's articles.

What do you think? Do you want to give that a try? I'll make a  forum for you right now, along with one for myself.

Offline Jeru

« Reply #24 on: 2013 May 28, 01:02:53 AM »
Okay, I will try it.

Thanks!