Author Topic: lower and lower coin forum interaction  (Read 905 times)

Offline trouble

lower and lower coin forum interaction
« on: 2016 Sep 04, 09:28:51 PM »
lower and lower interaction in LBC and here lol

Offline badon

Re: lower and lower coin forum interaction
« Reply #1 on: 2016 Sep 04, 09:38:09 PM »
Hi trouble!

I locked the topic at LBC, so people can't post there anymore. And, I think this weekend was a holiday weekend in the USA, that's why ebay went quiet for a while. It's the last holiday until Memorial Day, which are both VERY popular holidays in the last few days of warm weather. I think there's some sporting events going on somewhere too that is distracting people away from coins. I've been winning auctions on ebay that I didn't think I would win because my bids were low. Some of my sellers gave me extra time to pay too, because they said they are on vacations. It has worked out very well for me, so I'm not complaining!

Offline trouble

« Reply #2 on: 2016 Sep 04, 09:46:58 PM »
Hi trouble!

I locked the topic at LBC, so people can't post there anymore. And, I think this weekend was a holiday weekend in the USA, that's why ebay went quiet for a while. It's the last holiday until Memorial Day, which are both VERY popular holidays in the last few days of warm weather. I think there's some sporting events going on somewhere too that is distracting people away from coins. I've been winning auctions on ebay that I didn't think I would win because my bids were low. Some of my sellers gave me extra time to pay too, because they said they are on vacations. It has worked out very well for me, so I'm not complaining!

my fingers are more than enough of counting the active members here.

MMMmmmm "keep on trying"Keep on trying keep on trying

Offline badon

« Reply #3 on: 2016 Sep 04, 10:40:26 PM »
Today looks to be almost exactly 300% busier than normal. "Normal" is a maximum of about 24 users reading the site each day. So far today, there are 72:

72 = 24 x 3

People aren't saying very much, but they are definitely paying attention. We set a new record near the end of last month, and it's only going to get busier from here as we progress deeper into the cold weather busy season. I don't ever remember seeing 21 REGISTERED users reading the site in one day. That might be a record. More people are registering lately too. There is growth everywhere.

The rising tide lifts all boats.

Offline badon

Offline badon

« Reply #5 on: 2016 Sep 05, 11:14:16 AM »
Today we just broke the previous "Most Online Ever" user record shown in the screenshots above...AGAIN. I think that's fairly conclusive that forum interaction in greatly increasing right now.

Offline badon

« Reply #6 on: 2016 Sep 05, 11:54:35 AM »
Something important I need to mention regarding this forum's "users online" statistics that isn't already plainly visible is the fact we use some sophisticated network-based anti-bot technologies to prevent most automated bots from browsing the forum. On other forums, those automated bots are counted as regular users, which inflates their forum activity statistics. On THIS forum (CCF), those bots are NOT counted, because most of them never reach the forum before being blocked. That means most of the users you see in the statistics are real people reading this site.

The forum DOES permit a few search engine bots to browse the forum, but they are identified as bots and counted separately, which you can see in the screenshots I posted earlier. You can see in the screenshots that the Google and Baidu search engine bots are visiting this forum right now. So, the statistics we have at this forum are a much better indicator of true market activity than other forums. This is intentional, and it's expensive, but I think having the network-level filtering to give us more reliable numbers is worth the cost. Afterall, the success of your investments is dependent on having good numbers to work with from the beginning.

Offline trouble

« Reply #7 on: 2016 Sep 08, 01:58:33 AM »
Something important I need to mention regarding this forum's "users online" statistics that isn't already plainly visible is the fact we use some sophisticated network-based anti-bot technologies to prevent most automated bots from browsing the forum. On other forums, those automated bots are counted as regular users, which inflates their forum activity statistics. On THIS forum (CCF), those bots are NOT counted, because most of them never reach the forum before being blocked. That means most of the users you see in the statistics are real people reading this site.

The forum DOES permit a few search engine bots to browse the forum, but they are identified as bots and counted separately, which you can see in the screenshots I posted earlier. You can see in the screenshots that the Google and Baidu search engine bots are visiting this forum right now. So, the statistics we have at this forum are a much better indicator of true market activity than other forums. This is intentional, and it's expensive, but I think having the network-level filtering to give us more reliable numbers is worth the cost. Afterall, the success of your investments is dependent on having good numbers to work with from the beginning.

Badon,

Need more active and vocal members to participate in discussion. NOT the shy one read at the back and quit.

Please please please 

Offline badon

« Reply #8 on: 2016 Sep 08, 07:47:44 PM »
I had some ideas about that. Right now people are registering to see content that only registered members can see. I could change that a little to give the first access rights to active users, and the last people to see it before it is publicly visible would be inactive registered users who just read, but don't give back any of their insights, thoughts, and information.

For example, I put the best articles (the ones that give financial advantages) in the Pre-publication drafts forum area, which is only visible to registered members, not the unregistered public. I could make it so that forum isn't visible if the registered members don't at least make a post to introduce themselves first.

The following users thanked this post: trouble

Offline trouble

« Reply #9 on: 2016 Sep 08, 08:27:25 PM »
I will try to be more active too