Author Topic: luckmoneyro has competition from a fraudulent seller - how do they get away with this?  (Read 2142 times)

Offline barsenault

It's funny, Lucky has some competition. LOL. From a fraudulent seller.  GEESH Louise.  How do these people get away with this? He even mimics the coins and background.  What a life.  Make money by doing nothing.  Can I get a job?

Edit by badon: Linkify.
« Last Edit: 2016 Aug 22, 06:57:27 PM by badon »
MORE INEXPENSIVE NON-FIAT COINS HERE: http://tinyurl.com/zzgbyfm

The following users thanked this post: badon

Offline badon

Offline badon

That seller and his various accounts are in my badon's ebay spam filter links (BESFL) lists, so his listings will be automatically removed if you're using those links. This is a new fraudulent seller that appears to not have as much experience as the other fraudulent sellers. He's using luckmoneyro's photos with only small modifications or ommissions, so it's pretty easy to spot him if you're familiar with luckmoneyro's "style". luckmoneyro's legitimate listing is here: 322229876270. The photos are exactly the same.

It's worth pointing out that this seller is trying to sell coins valued at almost $700 right now, but so far the bid is only up to $4.25. This fraudulent seller is not succeeding, and he will need to change and improve his tactics to get them to work...and hopefully, my BESFL list will run him out of town every time, regardless of what tricks he uses.

Offline badon

barsenault, fraudulent seller you spotted is in my list of over 2000 "bad seller" accounts operated by individual criminals and organized crime groups. This particular seller likes to name his accounts beginning with the text "afh", a letter beginning at "w" and then incrementing to "x", then "y", and later probably "z". The letters are then followed by seemingly random numbers, dashes, underscores, etc. So, basically, this seller is an idiot :) Here's the 7 usernames I've identified so far, with links so you can view the listings etc (if the account is still active, and not deleted by ebay):

* afhw75-8
* afhx43_400
* afhy16_6
* afhy293
* afhy322
* afhy473
* afhy53983

Offline badon

Actually, I shouldn't be so quick to call the "afh" fraudulent seller an idiot. It's possible he's just a monkey in a sweatshop creating accounts for his organized crime group, and they're using the username patterns to keep track of who finds a fraud formula works. Either way, as long as we're eliminating them before they can experience substantial success, they will not be able to prosper so easily as they had in the past, before my BESFL list was created.

Offline badon

It's funny, Lucky has some competition. LOL. From a fraudulent seller.  GEESH Louise.  How do these people get away with this? He even mimics the coins and background.  What a life.  Make money by doing nothing.  Can I get a job?

barsenault, fraudulent seller you spotted is in my list of over 2000 "bad seller" accounts operated by individual criminals and organized crime groups. This particular seller likes to name his accounts beginning with the text "afh", a letter beginning at "w" and then incrementing to "x", then "y", and later probably "z". The letters are then followed by seemingly random numbers, dashes, underscores, etc. So, basically, this seller is an idiot :) Here's the 7 usernames I've identified so far, with links so you can view the listings etc (if the account is still active, and not deleted by ebay):

* afhw75-8
* afhx43_400
* afhy16_6
* afhy293
* afhy322
* afhy473
* afhy53983

I just found a few more bad sellers that weren't already filtered, including the one you found barsenault, so thanks for that. There are now 11 known accounts from this same fraudulent seller, with who-knows-how-many ebay listings - but ALL of the fraudulent listings are now filtered in my badon's ebay spam filter links (BESFL) list:

* afhw349
* afhw75-8
* afhx42818
* afhx43_400
* afhx94_1
* afhy16_6
* afhy293
* afhy30855
* afhy322
* afhy473
* afhy53983

Offline badon

The thought just crossed my mind that this seller might be targeting luckmoneyro specifically, in order to give people the false impression that luckmoneyro's listing are fraudulent, and/or might be fakes. To see if this is a real possibility, made a filtered link that shows only listings from the "afh" bad seller, and another one that shows only luckmoneyro's listings:

* Fraudulent listings from the "afh" bad seller or organized crime group.
* Legitimate listings from good seller luckmoneyro.

There are a few "afh" bad seller listings that are NOT taken from luckmoneyro, but since the majority ARE taken from luckmoneyro, I still think it is possible a loser competitor is trying to discredit luckmoneyro's listings, but it is inconclusive. It might be that the "afh" fraudulent seller is just picking photos of some of the most popular coins being sold right now, which led him to luckmoneyro's listings because of all of the sales of the Nanjing pandas. In any case, luckmoneyro deserves our support, and we should do what we can to make sure everyone knows his listings are all legitimate. We can also report the "afh" seller to ebay for stealing luckmoneyro's photos, and they will be more aggressive in removing these fraudulent listings.

I will inform luckmoneyro about what is happening. I did not realize all of this was going on until you asked about it, and I took the time to examine the situation more closely. Thanks barsenault!

Offline badon

One other thing I just realized is luckmoneyro isn't putting his logo on all of his photos like he used to. That could be the reason he's being target right now. He always has a lot of nice coins, and since he puts his listings in both English and Chinese, it's simply easier for Chinese criminals to read them and decide to steal the photos. In contrast, they can't read the listings from most other sellers, because they only put them in English.

Offline barsenault

Yeah, I called eBay and reported this knucklehead.  They seem to have such a nonchalant attitude.  Sadly. I've never really experienced what happens in this situation.  Does that seller send an empty envelop?  And it shows delivered as 'proof' and so the buyer is out the $$, because the seller can prove it arrived?   Is anything ever sent?  I really do feel bad for the buyers in this situation.  They get bamboozled.  Hopefully they get their money at some point.  Or is a fake sent? 

Yeah, I think Lucky needs to start putting his log on his listings.  Too many of these listing look the same.  Heck, if I didn't know as much as I do, I would have gotten bamboozled. 

Thanks Badon.
MORE INEXPENSIVE NON-FIAT COINS HERE: http://tinyurl.com/zzgbyfm

Offline badon

I've never experienced it either, but the "box of rocks" trick is pretty comomn. Fortunately, ebay and PayPal tend to side with the buyer in cases like this. ebay is much more likely to side with the one telling the truth if you video each boxing (seller) and unboxing (buyer) you do, so you can prove what really happened. I know dragonzeng168 does that, and I'm sure many other dealers do too. I've heard of very large ebay sellers video'ing an entire assembly line of box packagers, so if anyone steals something or doesn't pack the box correctly, they know it. Sometimes it's an honest mistake, but neither side realizes until they've initiated a nuclear war against each other. Having proof of what happened is the only way to prevent those misunderstandings. The truth always wins in the end, but sooner is better than later.

Offline badon

There are now 30 of the "afh" bad seller accounts. Wow!

* afhu59_3
* afhw349
* afhw60_626
* afhw75-8
* afhx1068
* afhx36487
* afhx42818
* afhx43_400
* afhx45-271
* afhx46663
* afhx485
* afhx522
* afhx5788
* afhx7483
* afhx77802
* afhx88-918
* afhx94_1
* afhy118
* afhy16_6
* afhy2579
* afhy28_866
* afhy293
* afhy30855
* afhy322
* afhy365
* afhy41-519
* afhy473
* afhy494
* afhy53983
* afhy54_525

They just keep coming. Since this conversation started, I think there have been around 100 new bad sellers filtered in my badon's ebay spam filter links (BESFL) list.