Author Topic: New forum profile features to help you sell your coins  (Read 1609 times)

Offline badon

New forum profile features to help you sell your coins
« on: 2016 Aug 08, 12:09:01 PM »
I have added some new forum profile features to help you sell your coins. A shown in the screenshot below, you can enter up to 3 ebay "Top item numbers". You can use those for your own coins, or any other items that seem worth sharing. You can also enter up to 5 "Favorite ebay sellers", so it's straightforward to share a lot of items that way. Before, you had to enter complicated forum BBCode in your signature to display things like this, but now you only need to enter ordinary ebay item numbers, and ebay seller usernames, and it will just work. The forum will take care of all the code for you automatically.

The more you post, the more people will see your ebay items and ebay seller links. I am hoping these new features will encourage dealers, investors, and collectors to share what they know by posting more often here at CCF. Like always, you can also post your items for sale in the Buy, sell, trade (BST) forum, but another thing I'm hoping for is these features will encourage people to also post on ebay, where buyers can have ebay and PayPal's buyer protection to ensure safe transactions. Even if you trust your dealer, accidents happen, so if your dealer gets hit by a meteor you will still get your money back when he is unable to ship your coins to you.

Just click on your Let me know what you think of these new features, and please tell me if you have any ideas that might be helpful. You can also ask me for help setting this up for you, if you need it. Thanks!

Offline dobedo

• Rookie
  • To be is to do. To do is to be. Do be do be do.
Re: New forum profile features to help you sell your coins
« Reply #1 on: 2016 Dec 08, 10:59:02 AM »
Not sure anyone would/should want to share the birthday information with other members here. Just curious - what's the intended use for that? 

Offline badon

Re: New forum profile features to help you sell your coins
« Reply #2 on: 2016 Dec 08, 02:04:50 PM »
Hi dobedo, welcome to CCF!

Everything above "Elite Panda Coin Club (EPCC) member" is built into the forum, and is not new, nor added by me. Only the form fields below it are new, added by me. Most people don't enter birthday information, and I can't think of any good use for it myself, so I ignore it.