Author Topic: EPCC Jens 2015 2 oz silver Lunar Panda Goat (299) + matte antique (99)  (Read 8255 times)

Offline Jens

Apologies for taking so long to apply for our little club.
Since everybody is out of my hair for a few hours i finally got around to making some pictures  ;)

2015 Lunar Panda Goat mintage 299 + 2015 Lunar Panda Goat antique mintage 99.
Let's see if you find out what else is special about one of them  ;)

Take Care
Jens

Edit by badon: Fixed title.
« Last Edit: 2016 Apr 28, 02:55:49 AM by badon »
"You have to choose (as a voter) between trusting to the natural stability of gold and the natural stability of the honesty and intelligence of the members of the Government.
And, with due respect for these gentlemen, I advise you, as long as the Capitalist system lasts, to vote for gold."   - George Bernard Shaw -

Offline badon

Yikes! I spy with my little eye an incredible flawless jewel NGC 70 grade!

APPROVE!

Offline badon

Jens, can you give your thoughts on point scoring, here?: Re: Rare panda club ideas. I haven't thought of a way to incorporate grades into the scoring, and I'm not even sure if we should. Since the Elite Panda Coin Club is based on known mintage rarity - not grade rarity - maybe it's not a good fit. Then again, maybe we could have a separate class of points scoring that includes grade rarity, or something like that.

Offline Ufury

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
APPROVED!
  • I am U Fury in carnate

Offline SquarepegRoundcoin

Code: [Select]
%%%%3jj33JuJ3%%%%$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$########$$$$$$$%%%%%%33%%%$%333%%%&j"""(!!!!!!!""J3J"t""+""I3333j"!!!!!**"""!!!!!.`
%%3jjuz3J3%%%%%$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$#$$$$$$$$%33j"""""""tz33&u"""JJI"I""""u3u"""(!!!!*""+"""""*""J%3z"(!!!!++"""(!!*(!
%3jIuJuJ%%%%%$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$%%%%3%3%3zJJJJ3%33%$$$$$$$$$%$%zjJIt""""tjj"*(!!!(("""""""+""Juju"+!!(""""""!("
uu3zu3%%%%%%$$$$$$%$$$$$$$$$$$$$%33u%%333%%%%%%$$$$####################$$%%%3I""""""I+(!!(*"""""""("u%33J"*(+""+"""(
3333%$%%%$$%%%%%%$$$$$$$$$$$%%3J"III3%%$$$##########B######BB###QQ###########$$%3%j""""I"+!!!!(+""I"(+I%&%u"+""""+""
33%%%%%$$$%%%%%%%$$$$$$$$$3""jI""""%$#############QBBBQQ##########################$%3utt""""!!!!!*"ju"""I%3Iu""""""*
%%$%%$$$%%%%%%$$%$$$$$$3I"""""""%$###BB#######B#####BBQB############BQ#B##B###########$$z""""""!!!!*"uuI""j%%&u"""""
$%%$$$$%%%%%%%%$$$$$3""""((("&######QBQ####%##Q#BB##Q#QBBQB#####B##QQ##B########Q########$%uz""""!!!!+"u3u""3%&3t"I"
%%$$$$%%%%%%%%%%$%%""*((!(3$####Q####Q##QQB#$$B#B#BB###BBBB##B#####BB###Q##BQ##############$$3""""""!!*"j33j""%%%3""
%$$$%%%%%%%$$$$$3t""*(!"%##Q###B#####B##Q##BBQBBB#B####QBB##QQ###########B######B##Q#Q########%I""""""(+""333I"3%%%z
$$%$%%%%%%%$%$3I"""+("$#################B#######QBB#QQ#BQ####Q######B##BQ#QBB##B#BBBB###########%""""""+*""I%%3jz%%%
$%%%%$%%$%$$&u""""*"$##################Q######Q###QBB###################B#####BBB####B######$$###$uI"""""+""t3%&3j%%
$%%%$%$%%%$&t"""""$#########$j$j(""u############Q##B#     .###        'Q#"   .#Q##  !#Q#"'  ..  `$#$""tI""(+""u%%%u3
%%$$$$$$$%3""t"+j#######$I$%"""z"%$$%""J###############$  .###   ######BB"     %B#  !BB(  !####$"####u""""""""j3%%%z
$$$$$$$$%u""t""$########u"*"!33J((!*"3%u*(%###QB##Q####$  .###   '!!'!%QB"  "!  (#  !BB$    '!!"######3tju""I""uu%$%
$$$$$$$%j""t"I#########$"!""u3j+("""*!!(z%J+"###B###QB#$  .###   "juuI###"  u#"  '  !####3(!!`   "#####%"uu""""IJ3%%
$$$$$$$3jII33##########%t"""*"""(!"""jI(!!"$$"%########(  '###   ########"  j##$`   !B#("###B#!  !######$""J""J""z"%
$$$$$$3jjuJ$##B##BB###$&%$3jt""""(""""jt"!!!"$%"###!     !####        '##"  j##Q#-  !BQ(`  ..  '"########%"u%u33"j3I
$$$$%3z3zI$###BB#####z"""""u""""I""""""+"I(!!*&&"%#####################################BB###$#############%IuJj3zIu3
$$$$%3J3u3##QBBB#Q##u++"""+"%%%$$&IIJI""""""(!!I%j$############################Q###BQBQ#BB##BB#############zjz33%"j3
$$$%%3&%%##B###Q#Q#%"(!"(*"$#####"""""""++""*(!!"3*"##########################################Q############$z33333"I
$$$%%%%$###########%"33$$"%#B###u""""""""+"""*(!!"%%$#######################################################%3%%3$3I
$$%%%%$$#####B##BB##$$###$$QBB#&uII""""I""((""!!!!"((3################$######################################%$%%%%j
$%%%$$$#########B#Q##B###Q#QQ##3zJzJt""z3""""""!!!!!!!("((!(!!!!!!!!!!!!!(!!!!!!!"%####$3""!!(""((*""3$######$$$%%$j
$%3%%%$###############BB#BBB##$%&33ujIIutuj"""I""3%33JJ3%3&%%&I%$$%%$$"!!'''''''--'!""!!!(!!!(+"(!!++"+(I####%%$$$$%
$%%$%%$#######BBB####BB#######$$%&uI3&3j""""*""""&%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%3&$$"+(!!!!!!!!!!!!!"%%%%I"(!!""3"""%######$%%%$$$
$%$$%%$##################BQ###$$%uj3I""""+""""z""%3%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%3%#$"""*(!(!!!!!!!!!"########%%$############%$%$$$
$%$$%3#########################%u"""""+""((((("""$%$%%%%%%%%%%%%%33%#$*++*(*""+"""+!((($######################J%%$$$
$%%%%3###########%"!(J$#####$"$$JJ%%%IJI"I"""("I"$%%$$$%%%%%%%%%%%3%#$"""++""""""""+"""$######################%%%$$#
$%%%%z##########$%$33t"((I#$%""$&&3%$3333tII""t""$$%%$%%%%%%%%%%%%%%#$""""+++"""""+""""######################$%$$$$#
%%%%3j$#########%&$$#$&%$Ij$$%3u%%33$3uI""""""u""$$$$$%%%%%%%%%%%%%$#3+(*(!!(*(("((+""J$$$#####$%$###########$%%$$$$
%3$%%I$#######$$&3#####$$$$%#$%3&$%tJ%3zjt""""ju"$$$$$$$%%$%%%%%%%%$#z(+"+!!!""+"+("uI!!!!!!!!!!""###########%$$$$#$
%%%&%3J#######$3j$########$$$$$%$$$%3uJIj%""""""*$$$$$$$$$$%%$$%%%%$#%"I%%zt""""("((3$u""""""j$3u%###########%$$%$#$
$$%%33"######$u3I$############$%Iu%%%$$$$$%3I"I"!$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$3$z%$$$$$%33"(!!!!("J3%%%$#%%"##########$$$$$$$$
$%&%3J"$#####$$%("$###$""t33t""*+!!"""z%3%%$$%%3""""+(!(!!!(!!(!("*(*3I$#$#$$$$$$%3"!!!'''!!!(#$3""#########$$$$$#$$
$%3%%%%"######$&JI$##zI"""j%%%$%%3%%%33%%%33%$$$#$###########################$$$$$$$%3"""""""%##$u"""######$$$$$$$$%
%%3%333"$######$$$####&j%##$$$$$$%%%$$$$$$################################################$&"3###$J&3######$$$$$#$%%
&%3zI3Ju+$############%j3##################################################################$3"######$#####$$$$$$$%3%
%%&zu3%%J*############$I+###########################################################$######$%"("#########$$$$$#$%&3%
%%%33uz3&"*###########$%"!"$########################################################$#######$$u*(!3#####%%$$##$%&%%z
%$%3J3"jJj+(#######$""+!!!!!"""""####3"""I###########""""""""""%#$""""""""""""""""###"""""""""(!!!+####$$$$$$#$33%3I
$$$%J"jI333"(######"             ####-   `##########%          !#j                %##-            !##$$$$$$$$%33%&t%
%%%%%j"IIz3%"!$####"    !!!!!!!""####'   `###########%3"    !33$#$"""""!    !"""""$##-   `"*""""""%#$$$$$$$$$3%$$"3%
%%%%%%I""tu33I!"###"    u$%zI"(######'   `#############$    (##########*    I########-   .#$#######$$$$$$$$%%3%3"3%3
u3%%%%%"""tt"j&"!3#*            "####'   `#############$    (##########*    I########'            $$$$$$$$%3%3j"3%3j
%u3&%%%%"*""""ju"!(!    .'''''''I####'   `#############$    (##########*    "########-    '''''...$$$$$$$%%j"""%&j""
$$I"3%%3$j!*3%""tj"!    I############-   `#############$    !##########(    "$$######-   .###$$%$$$$$$$%3t"""u%3""I&
3$%j(I&%zz%"!t3""j%!    "$###########-   `#####$#######%    !##########*    "$#######-   .#$%$$$$$$$%%zI""""3%u""z%%
""%%3*"3%3I%j!!"""I!    .''''''''####-    '''''''-(#%!!'    .!!"#######(    I########-    ...-----!33j"""""%3"+"3%%%
""""%$"!"J3I"&"!!!"!             $##$.            !#u          !#######*    j########.            !z"""uj%%u""u%%%3j
'!"!!t%%+!"uu""J"!!*"""I3%&u(!!*j$$$$$#$$$$$$$##$#########################$######$%uj33%%%%33%%3jj"""z&&&z"""33333"(
 `!("!(IJu(!"j"""uI*!!("""J&%%u"!!!+3$$$$$$$################################$$%&zI333%3&33333uj""""33&%3"""3%%3J"+!!
!` .!(!!!"tI(("""*!"u"!!!!+"""j%%3"+!!!!("33$$$$###$$$################$$%j"""""u%zIjjjI3333Jj"+"t3&333"""33333""!!!!
!!!.`.!!!!!*""+(+"""!!"t"!!!!!""""jJj3I""(!!!!!!!*""""tI%%%&%3uj""""(+"""tt"""""""""IujjjI""""I3333I"""z3%3z"+!!!!"I
!!!!!.`.!!!!!!"I""("I"(!!"I"!!!!!!(*(!(+""""""""""(((!(!!!((*"""""""""""""""""""""I"I""""""tuz33J"""Iu333z"+!!!!"""!
"!!!!(!!'.!!(!!!+"""**"""*(+"""!!'''!!!!!!!!!!!(((+"**+(((((""""+(**(*+"""""""""""""""Ijjuu33zj"""u3333j""(((("""(!!
"!!!!!(""!!'!!((!!!*""*((*""+(((*"+!!!'-''!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(((((**"""""""""II33333J33z3uuI"IJ3333jI""""""""I"(!!!
!!*""+!!!+"*!!'!!(!!!!(""*!!!!+"(!!!!!**(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!((*+""+""""""IIz33%&3333333zzut"Iu3333jIjJ3zu""""3%%j""*(

Offline AbeLinkin

Awesome Jens! Glad to have you on board! Approved!

Offline numistacker

Super Elite Jens A$P$P$R$O$V$E$D

Offline badon

I declare a quorum! Congratulations Jens, you are EPCC99-000006!

Offline StackOfPandas

Good job Jens. When I get a panda rare enough I will be joining too. This club has a fresh point of view. My stack of proof pandas are not rare enough! I thought it was a nice collection until you guys came along  ::) :o

Offline Jens

Thanks guys!
"You have to choose (as a voter) between trusting to the natural stability of gold and the natural stability of the honesty and intelligence of the members of the Government.
And, with due respect for these gentlemen, I advise you, as long as the Capitalist system lasts, to vote for gold."   - George Bernard Shaw -

Offline badon

1 / mintage X 10000 = POINTS
1 / 299 X 10000 = 33.44
1 / 99 X 10000 = 101.01

Total = 134.45 points

Offline badon

This topic served as a convenient list of EPCC members for me to refer to. I calculated points and made a points post in each person's EPCC topic. Then I linked the URL of my post in your points score next to your EPCC membership number. With everyone having made a post in this topic, I can quickly see this points ranking:

555.56 badon
272.06 numistacker
134.45 Jens
50.00 AbeLinkin
50.00 SquarepegRoundcoin
33.44 Ufury

It's interesting that each score is approximately double the next highest score. I was going to make a photo of a group of my coins to get more points, but I can see that's not necessary until someone catches up to me! So, if you want to see my coins, you're going to have to put some points pressure on me :)

Offline Ufury

Good job Jens. When I get a panda rare enough I will be joining too. This club has a fresh point of view. My stack of proof pandas are not rare enough! I thought it was a nice collection until you guys came along  ::) :o

What are you getting for the club membership? If you're coming up empty I can loan you a note and some pics to get you in the door.
  • I am U Fury in carnate

Offline StackOfPandas

I have  been busy with other activities the last 2 weeks. When my work and play load lightens I will rummage on ebay to see what I want. I have not weighted the positives and negatives of baby pandas with panda lunars. If I go cheap with a baby panda just to get my foot in the door I will want a panda lunar all the more. I am tempted to ditch my other pandas to get the rare ones you guys are peddling but I am procrastinating a decision on that. I'm practically the lowest ranking member already with a big fat 00.00 points.

Offline numistacker

What are you getting for the club membership? If you're coming up empty I can loan you a note and some pics to get you in the door.

What is the process of adding further rare Pandas?
Is the score one off or cumulative?
Should one start a new thread or add to the thread?
Does a new addition also require a special photo that is named and dated?

Offline badon

I posted my ideas on the subject here: Re: Rare panda club ideas. The ultra-short version is, to increase your points score you need to photo all of the coins you want points for, together in the same photo. So, if Jens wanted to add a 3rd coin to his points score, he would need to photo the 2 he already has TOGETHER with the new 3rd coin. That makes it more difficult for people who do not own the coins to claim points for them, although it is still allowed to gain points that way.

Note that it is not strictly required for subsequent "points photos" to include all the coins from previous photos. If you make a photo with an entirely new batch of coins, you will get points only from that new batch of coins, and those points will NOT be added to points already earned (your new points will replace your old points). If your new photo batch is worth fewer points than you have already earned, then you have wasted your time making photos of them, because your points will not change. So, make sure your new photo either includes all coins from previous photos, OR it's worth more points than you already have. Also, your "rarity score" (EPCC99 in your case) will not change unless you post something rarer.

Offline Jens

Some new coins to update my rarity rank and score:
2015 Nanjing Mint Panda
Brass (mintage 199)
Copper (mintage 99)
Antique copper (mintage 30)
Antique brass (mintage 30)

Offline badon

Those coins will REPLACE your score, since they don't appear with your other coins. Do you want to take another photo with the whole panda zoo, so you can get the whole score?

Offline Jens

Thanks i'm aware of that but i'll have to save that for later.

Offline badon

Since you're already an EPCC member, I'm going to unilaterally approve your points and rarity rank upgrade, unless any other members object.

Nanjing 2015 brass panda, mintage 199.
Nanjing 2015 copper panda, mintage 99.
Nanjing 2015 copper panda matte antiqued, mintage 30.
Nanjing 2015 brass panda matte antiqued, mintage 30.

POINTS = 1 / mintage * 10000
50.25 = 1 / 199 * 10000
101.01 = 1 / 99 * 10000
333.33 = 1 / 30 * 10000
333.33 = 1 / 30 * 10000

Total = 817.93 = 50.25 + 101.01 + 333.33 + 333.33

Your old rarity rank was 99, and now it's 30 (lower is better).

Your old points score was 134.45, and now it's 817.93 (higher is better).

I think I'm going to need to make some photos soon. It's amazing how our formula weights rarity so heavily that you can totally blow away everyone else's scores with just a few coins.

Offline badon