Author Topic: EPCC AbeLinkin 2014 30g silver Baby Panda with COA #1 Submission  (Read 8276 times)

Offline AbeLinkin

I find it only proper that my first submission to the Elite Panda Coin Club be my 2014 30g Baby Panda with COA #1.

The 30g Baby Panda with a mintage of only 200 is without doubt an Elite panda in every sense of the word and here with COA #1 it seats itself not only as a true prize within my collection, but also a prize of the CCF, as it represents what being an active member here allows one to achieve. Had it not been for the CCF and badons great input on the Baby Panda series I never would have had the opportunity to purchase this great coin.

Edit by badon: Fixed title. Added the word "silver".
« Last Edit: 2016 Apr 07, 11:33:34 PM by badon »

Offline badon

Re: EPCC AbeLinkin 2014 30g silver Baby Panda with COA #1 Submission
« Reply #1 on: 2016 Apr 07, 11:59:37 PM »
Upon reviewing the exhibits 1 through 4, in the photographs, the entire worldwide membership of the Elite Panda Coin Club has unanimously concluded that you neglected to flip your coin over for a reverse shot of your coin with your EPCC note. Furthemore, since your note was machine-duplicated, we unanimously conclude that it is impractical to authenticate your note as physically present with the coin, as opposed to a Photoshop job. The rules are very strict in this regard, but I alone protested strict application of the rules, and consequent summary denial of your submission, pending further consideration of other exhibits I submitted on your behalf for consideration among the supreme worldwide council of EPCC elders.

I give you exhibit 5, which contains previous posts of images of this same COA and detailed photographs of at least 1 authentic specimen of the same coin type: The benefits of being a member of this forum: Baby panda No. 0001.

The council of elders agreed that these photos display the same parallel scratches on the plastic capsule protecting the reverse of the coin, and thus exhibit 5 is admissable, and justifies the further consideration I have requested on your behalf. After much bickering and many shattered beer bottles, the council was unable to find a passage in our sacred rule book that would permit membership to be granted in such an unusual manner. Indeed, throughout the eons of history of the EPCC's council of elders, no precedent could be found. Therefore, we all agreed that this issue must be submitted to a higher power.

In hushed tones, the council of elders requested that our youngest and most expendable elder, myself, would submit the question to our Holy Lord Baal, after proper sacrifices and burnt offerings, of course. Baal was silent on the issue, so yada, yada, yada, humma, lumma, ding-dong...and then, after delivering that rousing speech for the occasion, the great Jim Tuawg decreed that the exhibits are sufficient to permit this one exception, and grant you full membership in the Elite Panda Coin Club!

I knight thee EPCC200-000002! You may place the following code, or something similar to it, in your forum signature:

Code: [Select]
Elite Panda Coin Club member: [url=https://forum.coincompendium.com/index.php?topic=4745.0]EPCC200-000002[/url].

Offline badon

« Reply #2 on: 2016 Apr 08, 12:09:28 AM »
I want to point out that your prized COA #1 is undergoing handling damage, which is severe enough to have become visible in the photos. Please put it in some kind of protective container, and preserve it to the best of your abilities, for the enjoyment of future generations. In the image below, I have pointed out the creases that are visible, and the approximate shape and locations of them.

Offline AbeLinkin

« Reply #3 on: 2016 Apr 08, 12:35:38 AM »
Woohoo! I'm in! I did it! I did it!!!! Fancy dance ensues!

Offline AbeLinkin

« Reply #4 on: 2016 Apr 08, 12:38:31 AM »
Leave it to me to be the first to screw the rules up. I spent a good portion of the day hiking in the wilderness and I'm completely exhausted. To further clear things up, all future submissions will be signed in addition to my "fancy" print out. Here's the reverse done correctly... I hope :):

Offline AbeLinkin

« Reply #5 on: 2016 Apr 08, 12:48:35 AM »
I want to point out that your prized COA #1 is undergoing handling damage, which is severe enough to have become visible in the photos. Please put it in some kind of protective container, and preserve it to the best of your abilities, for the enjoyment of future generations. In the image below, I have pointed out the creases that are visible, and the approximate shape and locations of them.

It actually came to me like this. The COA has only slid out once for the first photos and the second time today for the new ones and barely handled (By me.) at all. You couldn't tell in my original post due to the way it was displayed, but those creases are actually there. I angled it originally to where it wasn't noticeable, but when displayed flat and at the right angle of light it's much more noticeable as it is here. The capsule also has very tiny scratches in it, so it was definitely handled a bit by someone else. Even the box it came with was a bit dingy, which I replaced with another much cleaner one. I was a little disappointed by all of this at first during the original unboxing, but it is what it is. Now it goes back into storage and most likely will not be touched again for a very long time.
« Last Edit: 2016 Apr 08, 12:56:12 AM by AbeLinkin »

Offline badon

« Reply #6 on: 2016 Apr 08, 01:10:29 AM »
Is it in one of the plastic bags? I like to store mine in big stacks of COA's so they can't be bent easily. If it's just one COA, I might put it (and the bag it's in) into an envelope with some 3x5 cards to give in rigidity.

Offline AbeLinkin

« Reply #7 on: 2016 Apr 08, 01:17:07 AM »
Is it in one of the plastic bags? I like to store mine in big stacks of COA's so they can't be bent easily. If it's just one COA, I might put it (and the bag it's in) into an envelope with some 3x5 cards to give in rigidity.

That's a good idea. I'll try that.

Offline badon

« Reply #8 on: 2016 Apr 08, 01:30:12 AM »
Just make sure the COA isn't hanging over the edge of some of those cards, because then it might be even more likely to get a crease there if it bends around the cards. You probably don't have to worry about it if the envelope fits the COA well enough that it can't really slide around much.

Offline badon

« Reply #9 on: 2016 Apr 08, 01:47:19 AM »
Lurch and Wednesday dancing in The Addams Family:

Offline AbeLinkin

« Reply #10 on: 2016 Apr 08, 01:51:05 AM »
Yes! I'm definitely more of a Lurch than a Wednesday when it comes to dancing.
This is good stuff!

Offline badon

« Reply #11 on: 2016 Apr 08, 02:51:24 PM »
[...] yada, yada, yada, humma, lumma, ding-dong...and then, after delivering that rousing speech for the occasion, the great Jim Tuawg decreed that the exhibits are sufficient to permit this one exception, and grant you full membership in the Elite Panda Coin Club!

I knight thee EPCC200-000002! You may place the following code, or something similar to it, in your forum signature:

Code: [Select]
Elite Panda Coin Club member: [url=https://forum.coincompendium.com/index.php?topic=4745.0]EPCC200-000002[/url].

You can go here to add the code to your forum signature to show off your EPCC status:

https://forum.coincompendium.com/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile;u=111

Offline badon

Offline badon

« Reply #13 on: 2016 May 08, 09:01:06 AM »
1 / mintage X 10000 = POINTS

1/200*10000 = 50.00

Offline badon

Offline badon