Author Topic: 2016 Classical Gardens Lingering Garden Liu Yuan mintages photos etc  (Read 4292 times)

Offline badon

Gold, copper, brass matte antiqued, silver reverse-cameo.

Offline badon

Some other miscellaneous photos that give you another way to look at the coins in-hand or in boxes.

Offline trouble

brass is my love for this series

Offline AbeLinkin

I really need to step up the quality of my photos, these are excellent.

My Liu Yuan coins just hit US soil and should be in sometime next week. Very excited!!!

Like you Trouble, I agree the brass is the best looking of the lot.

Offline badon

Photos of several #1 COA's for the 2016 Liu Yuan coins posted here: Re: The benefits of being a member of this forum: Baby panda No. 0001.

Offline badon

brass is my love for this series

I really need to step up the quality of my photos, these are excellent.

My Liu Yuan coins just hit US soil and should be in sometime next week. Very excited!!!

Like you Trouble, I agree the brass is the best looking of the lot.

Like you AbeLinkin and Trouble, I agree the brass looks very nice, especially the antiqued brass. Not only are they rare, the brass matte antiqued one is the "obtainable key" of the set, with a mintage of only 188. I'm really glad they decided to give that honor to a brass coin. I think brass looks better than silver when it is antiqued. Brass is becoming a lot more popular in China right now, so I think that's the reason they decided the brass should be the rare ones. However, it also has the advantage of no white spot worries, ever. That might help price appreciation, because buyers can be more aggressive with less risk. They also made the copper one of the keys, but the mintage is too low to properly call it "obtainable", and we may never see one publicly offered in the West.

I have more images I need to examine and upload here. Some of them are even nicer than the ones I've already posted. The trick is the lighting!

Offline Formidable

Nice job with the photos badon. I'm partial to the copper version. I want to see what they look like after 20 years of gentle toning. Now.

Offline trouble

More photos of the coins, ready for sale.

mmmmm. the tax receipt states clearly that is 260 pcs and 240 pcs. funny not fully take 500 each. Is that still 50% at shanghai mints.

I heard too many story of this series in china. However, I still like the design especially Ge Yuan. BUT the shanghai mint white spot is damn issue all along....

Offline Formidable

What stories?